“Embracing Clarity” Now availableEmbracing Clarity, is a collection of unique compositions by Juan Dhas, that take the listener on a musical journey. Weaving together lyrical melodies and colourful textures, the album creates an atmosphere that is both emotionally rich and thought-provoking.
It is now available at Bandcamp and iTunes.
What People are Saying:
- “Juan Dhas is a wonderful person, but if you don’t know him, you’ll either have to take my word for it … or listen to his new CD “Embracing Clarity”. And after you’ve listened, I’m certain you’ll come to the conclusion that only a “wonderful” person could be responsible for the beautiful compositions and extraordinary guitar work on display!”
– Bret Willmott (Guitarist/Composer/Educator)
- “He combines an astounding technical ability on the guitar with a unique sense of harmonic sophistication. This is clear when you hear the beautiful music that is documented on his stellar debut CD, ‘Embracing Clarity.”
– Freddie Bryant (Guitarist/Composer/Educator)
- “The overall effect is very attractive and more than a bit mesmerising, while the music seems to fly by as it ebbs and flows while always moving forward…As a debut effort, Embracing Clarity is very impressive in that Dhas exhibits a distinct musical personality at such an early stage of development. (4/5 Stars)”
– Budd Kopman (All About Jazz)
- “Impeccable guitarist, memorable debut (4/5 Stars)”
– Fiona Ord-Shrimpton (Editor for All About Jazz’s “Download of the Day”)
- At only 20 years old [now 21], Juan has released a collection of compositions driven by rich harmonic depth, flowing improvisation, colourful atmospherics and silky guitar tones usually reserved for players twice his age”
– Scott Jones (For The Evolving Musician)
- “Dhas has firmly found his niche in the post-Metheny guitar lineage, fitting right in with players like Mike Moreno, Nir Felder and Matthew Stevens, all while maintaining a sound that is very much his own.”
– Miller Wrenn Nextbop
Upcoming Performances by Juan Dhas
No shows booked at the moment.